You know that administration is the process or management of running an organization. Then, what is administrative management? For your information, Administrative management is creating and supervising information from and to employers within an organization. The information here is that principals and employees are responsible for making the best use of that information to maximize the productivity of the organization. This recognition manifests the importance of administrative management for any organization.
The present-day competitive marketplace demands that every organization should have good administrative management as only this can bring the ultimate progress of the organization. So, maybe you are wondering, who is responsible for controlling this administrative management? Anyone who is involved in directing, planning, controlling, coordinating or governing any sides of an organization can be regarded as an administrative manager.
If you are willing to know more about administrative management and understand the importance, it holds in operating an organization then, you are in the right place. Read along with us to the end of this article to find out more. We have tried to bring all the insights into administrative management in this article for your ease.
You can also read How To Get A Small Business Loan
The Key Elements of Administrative Management
To ensure the smooth running of your business, you need to assure the effective management of your administrative management. Before you take any progressive steps, learn more explicitly what the main roles of administrative management are from below.
Planning is the initial element of administrative management. It requires the collaborative participation of each administrative manager to prepare the business operating plan as well as financial budgets. It is the intellectual process of determining the objectives or endeavors to reach business goals. Moreover, Planning is a never-ending process that allows the changes to take place to reach the goal in the most efficient way. Planning can be considered the most important role of administrative management as it determines your business progress. Efficient planning always leads your business to a better state and inept planning to the contrary.
Some aspects of planning
- Collecting necessary information concerning your business.
- Analyzing and testing that information.
- Picking the best way of action.
- Penetrating alternative paths of action.
- Developing back-up plans.
Then comes the role of organizing, whose part is to manage resources and employees so that pre-decided planning can be implemented effectively. Organizing is responsible for equipping everything in its proper place. Also, it refers to the process of building an authority relationship amid the employee, the work and the workplace to ensure that the work goes ahead as planned. A well-organized company is sure to make progress and reach its targeted goals.
Some aspects of organizing
- Creating a list of the things you need to do to reach the targeted goal.
- Distributing works into respective departments.
- Appointing a department head for each department and recruit qualified employees.
- Assigning authority and their responsibilities.
- Establishing a formal reportage relationship among all employees.
Commanding includes substantial ordering, delivering advice where it needs and declaring how and when your subordinates would perform their allotting work. This should ensure job distribution and the instructions are clear enough that all employees know what is expected of them. Thus, an administrative manager should possess human management skills to make certain that every employee is motivated enough to work properly.
Some aspects of commanding
- Knowing your team members’ skills and flaws.
- Understanding their nature and tendency.
- Dealing effectively with the incapacities within the teams.
- Being aware of all the committed contracts between employees and also the organization.
- Making sure that everyone is working together to achieve the targeted goals.
The role of controlling is about monitoring and controlling the resources plus the employees so that the pre-decide plan can carry out as plan. Controlling also encompasses that employees are maintaining the rules and regulations of the company and developing performance standards according to the company objectives. Controlling uses managers to report and measure employees’ performance to determine what is lacking and what’s imposing. It is also responsible for ensuring that each function of all departments is performing well. When a default is found, managers must take immediate action to fix things. Thus, controlling is crucial for managing the business as it makes the final decision about whether or not the company can make progress.
Some aspects of controlling
- Ensuring performance standards regarding the objectives of an organization.
- Reporting the employee performance of each department.
- Measuring and comparing employee performance according to the expectations.
- Testing the business outcomes with the predicted result.
- Taking necessary preventive and corrective actions.
Motivating is last but another crucial element of administrative management. It plays a great role in your business productivity. Motivating is liable to bring the level of comfort where employees feel to perform their best. If employees are not properly motivated, they will not be able to bring the expected result. With enough motivation, employees can perform more productively. When they feel all motivated, they can get involved and be more dedicated to bringing expected results. So, managers are obligated to make the working environment adequately motivated for each and every employee.
Some aspects of motivating
- Donating incentives like a year-end bonus, Christmas bonus.
- Showing that their work serving is a significant value to the organization.
- Rewarding for best performances.
- Giving awards to some selected categories.
- Being friendly with all levels of employees.
- Creating a timely transaction.
In conclusion, as you read, now you know the basic elements of administrative management and what exactly their roles are. The foremost important part is planning your business operating system and budget. Then it comes about organizing it accordingly. Commanding and controlling also plays a vital role in this respect. Nevertheless, motivating is another important aspect of running administrative management properly and effectively.
Learn more about Management VS Administration