CEO Of the Biggest Search Engine Sundar Pichai
Many new and early-aged entrepreneurs try to follow Sundar Pichai for his unique decision-taking trait, well manner, and his honest tactic to keep himself away from the politics that occur now and then in the office. By staying away from this unnecessary drama helped him to keep a steady focus to grow a bright career as well as to build himself as a person of influence. On a talk show, Pichai told that we can be boasting with innovative thinking at any given time of life. For this, we need to keep ourselves to stay focused.
Learn more: Daniel Ek: CEO of Spotify
Every entrepreneur should think in the most natural way and work accordingly to discover their next big successful action. Pichai said in a show that there are many entrepreneurs who have ambitions that are driven by their desire, but still they fail to achieve their goal. He explained that if these ambitions and dreams can’t be put into a sincere effort. Then all his desires shall hardly make any changes in his life.
As you already know who Sundar Pichai is, let’s talk about some facts about him that you may not know about
- Pichai Sundararajan is Sundar Pichai’s actual full name. He is from India and grew up in Chennai, India
- He was always very interested in computer programs from an early age. His first software program was a chess game and it was fully written by him.
- His undergraduate was from the Indian Institute of Technology, situated in Kharagpur. There he studied metallurgical engineering. His good academic records brought him a scholarship to Stanford University.
- He first went to America in 1993. At that time everything in America was too expensive and it was hard for him to believe that products can be this much expensive. He also had a girlfriend, who is now his wife. Her name is Anjali and she has a son named Kiran and a daughter named Kavya with Pichai.
- After Pichai earned his MS from Stanford University, he started his MBA attending Wharton School from the University of Pennsylvania. Before joining Google, he was in a consulting firm named McKinsey & Co. He also had experience in applied materials.
- Sundar Pichai got his interview schedule on April fool’s day back in 2004. He was interviewed through Googleplex and he thought it won’t end well as it was taken on April fool’s day. On the same day, Google was launching Gmail and everybody who was interviewing that day thought this free email service would be Google’s one of the famous pranks on the internet.
- He initially got his first work on Google’s search toolbar. It was not much popular at that time and over that in 2006, Microsoft made a horrible scenario for Google. Microsoft made Bing the default search engine for internet explorer. As Google chrome didn’t exist at that time, internet explorer was the best browser in the market and because of this implementation, the Google toolbar was fading away from the market. But somehow, Pichai convinces the computer manufacturers to preinstall their Google search toolbar. As computer manufacturers can modify the software. They listened to him and this helped Google to reduce this changing effect of Bing’s default search engine.
- This Internet explorer incident opened a new gate for Sundar Pichai that is to come up with a new browser for Google. Yes, if you ever wonder why Google chrome was made, this is the reason. He tried to convince Sergey Brin and Larry Page, the co-founders of Google to make their own browser. They agreed on the matter and today, Google Chrome is one of the most popular and used browsers in the world, leaving Internet explorers behind.
- Pichai was always well-liked in Google as a leader. He was more focused on if the outcomes will be a positive result instead of standing out from everything. For his overt style and attractable attitude, his attention towards works, he started getting a huge amount of responsibility day by day. The Android division was handed over his hand in 2013.
- He got another rise by making another landmark. He helped Google in the acquisition of Nest which was worth $3.2 billion in 2014. This was a great achievement by Google.
- Despite getting a lot of offers from Twitter for high ranks and a better salary, Pichai stayed loyal to Google. His thought was to give Google his best as he loved programming a lot from his childhood.
- With everything coming together, his success with chrome, saving Google toolbar from disappearing, all of Google’s app, and his responsibility with android. Let Pichai took his biggest leap before becoming the CEO. In 2014, Larry Page put him in charge of almost every product of Google, starting from Google Plus, Google Maps, the famous search engine, ads, and Commerce, everything. Even he was given in charge of all the infrastructure Google owns. Eventually, he had become Larry pages second in command.
- Eventually, he becomes the CEO of Google in 2015, and today he is one of the highest-paid executives in the world. Later 2015 Sundar Pichai was also given the CEO of Alphabet, the parent company of Google. In a total compensation of 2019, he was awarded almost $281 million compensation.
This is how Sundar Pichai became the CEO of the world’s biggest IT and tech company. His dedication, hard work has taken him into this place today. Larry Page and Sergey Brin’s announcement of stepping down made him the new CEO of Alphabet and they both handed over Google to Pichai believing that one leadership is better than their both leadership. He is known to start his day with a wall street journal and a cup of coffee. He was once the highest-rated CEO in the glass door, getting a rate of 96% approvals.
Learn more: Niklas Zennström: Founder of Skype