If you have a website for your business, the site must have regular visitors, because that’s where the visitors can get access to all information about a brand, its products, and services. But gaining the organic traffic that you need to boost your business in the market can be hard!
Hence, anyone who has a website should know the importance of organic SEO. After all, that is what will help your website to grow and grab the top spot. This means that, while searching for a product, people will find yours more easily. So, read on to find out how you can do so using organic SEO.
You may also like Everything You Need to Know About SEO
Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Organic SEO is the method used to obtain higher placement on SERPs. Implementing SEO may not make your company outstand the competitors, but it will surely give your website a higher position on SERPs, which can lead you to have increased organic traffic and sales.
Of course, you won’t get the results overnight; it’ll take time, consistency, and patience. Aside from that, one thing is certain: understanding how to strategize with SEO will help you to earn more sales. Besides, it doesn’t cost a penny! It’ll simply generate more clicks, build trust among your users, and more.
8 Steps for Building Organic SEO
By now, you may have realized the importance of organic SEO. So, in this section of our article, you’ll get to know how you can achieve it. Here are 7 steps that you need to follow:
1. Figure out the keywords that customers use
Before you delve into the nitty gritty of SEO, you need to figure out what words and phrases your customer may use the most while searching for a product. Do the research and make a list of the possible keywords that the customers may use for a particular product.
Now, we must let you in on a secret. One of the easiest way of conducting this research is to type a product name on a search engine along with the relevant words related to it, and see what related searches drop down on the search bar.
2. Perform in-depth keyword research
You must know that this step is crucial. When conducting the research, you need to look for a few things- keyword difficulty, competition, and monthly searches. These are some factors you need to keep in mind:
- The volume of monthly searches can be found in a few different ways; you can use the Keyword Planner from Google Ads, or use some other sites.
- Here’s the thing- when a keyword has a higher position in a search engine, that means that it has greater keyword difficulty, which is a metric used to determine how hard it is to compete with other websites using that particular keyword. So, you can use some sites to find out which keyword has more difficulty.
- Try to come up with ideal keywords that have low keyword difficulty but a high volume of monthly searches.
- Now, the keywords you have chosen may already be used by all of your competitors. So, search each of the keywords and see the websites that come up. Check if they’re using the same keywords and, if yes, how many times. It will help you to determine how many times you should use the chosen keywords.
3. Conduct a localized keyword research
Use “Google My Business” to make your website pop up even in localized keyword searches. To stand out from your local competitors, this step is essential. Let us tell you exactly how it works-
Suppose, someone from San Francisco is looking for an event planner for an upcoming occasion. Of course, he’ll contact a San Franciscan event planner. A business in this locality can grab this opportunity if it uses keywords such as- “Event planner San Francisco” since it will make the website appear higher on the search results.
4. Create Content
Start writing content for your website and use the keywords effectively. To rank higher in Google searches, simply using keywords won’t help if you don’t keep the content informative and interesting.
Google usually prefers long-form content because it gives the idea that the website is proficient on the topic. So, you can opt for creating write-ups of more than 2000 words to make it long-form.
5. Add Multimedia
This one might seem trivial to you, but trust us; it’s far from that. It comes with lots of perks. By multimedia, we mean infographics, images, and videos. These elements will make your content engaging as well as interesting and bring in increased organic traffic for extended periods.
To rank higher on SERPs, it’s important to draw your customers in and encourage them to stay for a long period. Small additions like these can help you achieve that since it’ll persuade them to stay a little longer.
6. Improve Page Speed
A study shows that 53% of web users leave a website if it requires more than 3 seconds to load. And so, Google will show the web pages with higher loading speed on the top.
Here’s what you can do to improve the page speed-
- Reduce redirects: If the website has too many redirects, your page speed will slow down.
- Compress the images: Even though bigger pictures may make the page look good, but they’ll slow down the page speed. So, you can use tools like Kraken.io for condensing the images.
- Browser Caching: Every time a web visitor loads a new webpage, the browser will display the web page fully only after it has downloaded all of its web files. This can make the page load time higher. So, browser caching is something that can come in handy since it stores some of the web files in the user’s browser locally. As a result, the page loads faster.
7. Build Links
When you link your webpages together, Google’s web crawlers are more likely to notice them and, subsequently, determine if they are worth ranking higher.
So, let’s assume you have a home-décor business, and you are writing a blog about the importance of home-décor. You can link that blog on to your service page. In this way, you can get Google to crawl your website.
8. Make Use of Social Media
Use LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites to develop an online presence on several platforms. This can boost the website’s traffic.
You must have been able to figure out how important organic SEO is for your website. So, we hope that you understood the steps you need to take in order to commence your journey of gaining organic SEO. Best of luck!
Check out Best SEO Books of 2020 to read more