Anyone would like to just command someone to do the work. Technology has brought voice-to-text apps just for this facility. Earlier, this option was only available for desktops but with the evolution of smartphones, these apps are now used widely all over the world. There are many such apps developed with different features. These help the user to quickly look for anything on the phone, just by saying the words instead of typing.
If anyone wishes to use such apps, they need to see the languages available, shortcuts, and accuracy. The best ones are chosen according to the features that the user desires.
Also, check out: AI Chatbot Apps of 2020
Top 10 Voice-to-Text Apps of 2020
10. Voice Texting Pro
Details: The app is free and found in the app store for iPhones.
- Available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Ranks user interface
- Offers in-app purchases while voice texting
- Great speech recognition ability
- All features are shown from a single screen.
- Only available for iOS
- Unable to take voice dictation.
9. Speech Texter
Details: The app is one of the best voice-to-text apps. It allows all kinds of texts on the phone simply with voice. Moreover, it can work offline as well with many languages available and maximum accuracy.
- Any kind of texts are done by voice with 95% accuracy
- Commands can be customized
- Available both online and offline by downloading the language
- New words or commands are added to the dictionary.
- Not compatible with all devices.
8. Voice Notes
Details: The app will convert speech into text instantly. Furthermore, it provides many languages and user-interface languages. It is free and also has many other features along with voice text.
- Works even when the screen is off
- Allows notes that are later shared or stored with a reminder
- Synchs with calendar
- Help to make categories of stored notes
- Instinctive to record speech
- Not available for all devices
- Needs Google translate
- Misses out words sometimes.
7. Speech Notes
Details: The app records long speech continuously and converts it into text. After recording it saves the file and also fixes grammar and capitalization. It is a very accessible app for taking dictations as well.
- Continues to record until the record button is pressed to stop
- Takes commands to add punctuation marks
- Takes minimum space in the phone
- User-friendly, simple and accurate with many languages
- Allow both speech and typing simultaneously
- The files are stored, shared or even downloaded
- Has Bluetooth support and works offline.
- Not available for all devices.
More about: Best Social Media Marketing Apps
Details: The app is useful for journalists and secretaries to take long dictations. Further, it allows both speech and video records to change into text. It also works for iOS devices to convert speech from multiple sources.
- Converts any speech or video records into text
- Saves the files to allow sharing option
- Synchs transcriptions and audios
- It has multiple languages and dialects.
- Available only for iOS
- Not free and is quite expensive.
5. Dragon Anywhere
Details: The app allows dictation to convert to text. It is compatible with other apps and software. In addition, it stores the text files and also allows sharing options. Moreoever, it is found in cloud software.
- Accurate speech recognition to record dictations
- Works with simple orders and has custom vocabularies option
- Files are synced and available for sharing using apps.
- Allows customization and voice editing options
- Accuracy gets better with time
- Compatible with many devices.
- Not accessible to all users
- Only has a subscription option for use
- Works online only.
4. Dragon Professional
Details: As the name suggests, the app is used by professionals. Additionally, the app allows the voice to convert into text that is used in various formats. Further, it is very precise, fast, flexible and easy to use. It is mainly used in desktops.
- Documents are made into spreadsheets or other files
- Understands user’s language easily for fast dictation
- Adapts quickly to new words and voice
- Allows custom words
- Includes a mobile app for audio transcription.
- Not accessible to all users
- Needs to be purchased.
3. Google Assistant
Details: The app does not only record speech to change it into texts but also takes voice commands to search for things. Besides, the app doesn’t have the purity as a voice-to-text app, but its multi-functionality is demandable for many users.
- Recognizes speech to turn into text
- Takes audio commands to do various functions in the phone
- Helps to organize notes and files
- Stores all activity logs
- Compatible with all devices and free
- Comes in-built in androids.
- Not maximum accuracy to record speech
- Not continuous.
2. Speech to Text
Details: The app has maximum accuracy to record speech to convert into text. Furthermore, the text file is stored and allowed to share. Also, the app is free to use and can create all kinds of texts.
- Allows custom words and commands
- Includes sharing options of the text files
- Takes accurate dictation and changes it into speech
- Includes custom keyboard
- Corrects grammar and text automatically
- Allows text editing option
- Has many languages and is compatible with all android devices.
- Fails to recognize words and phrases sometimes.
Details: One of the best apps for communication between humans and devices like chatbots. Certainly, the app allows communication between computers and phones. It offers a special voice to text features and is available for all kinds of devices as well.
- Connects PC with mobile phones
- Recognizes speech to convert into text for any software
- Understands all types of words and phrases
- Has many languages available
- Allows custom vocabulary and commands
- Takes dictation and commands to perform various tasks on the device
- Works like a virtual assistant.
- Only allows subscriptions for pc use
- Works online and in Google chrome.
Technology continues to make our lives easy and productive. It’s not always easy for humans to multi-task, but devices are capable of doing it for us. If a user prefers to talk rather than type the desired words, voice-to-text apps are a priority. The user needs to look for the app that is convenient for the user’s purposes. These apps also make the user feel to have control over their devices. Whether it is for professional or daily use, these apps would increase the efficiency of the user’s activities.
Learn more on: Best Budgeting Apps